Saturday 16 June 2012

WEATHER WOES – WHAT THE HECK’S GOING ON?

This changing weather here in the UK is giving me some serious grief. One minute I’m lounging in the garden wearing my sunnies and shorts and the next I’m wrapping up in extra layers, making British Gas happy, and waiting for the next downpour.

So there was me in March, heading into the horrible itchy scratchy fibreglass-filled hole that is my attic, to retrieve my summer stuff ( much earlier than usual) ,only for the cold wintery weather to return just a couple of weeks later. Several weeks of constant rain followed and then wham bam, here’s the sunshine again, smiling sarcastically at us like it had never abandoned us in the first place before the smile was wiped quickly off its round yellow face once more.
I usually have a fantastic crop of tomatoes coming out this time of year – you – weather, have ensured that only three of my seeds actually sprouted this year! You’ve drowned my strawberries, killed off my lettuce, and probably turned my tatties into mush too. And, damn you, you’ve made the dandelions in my lawn grow at a rate of knots at a time when I can’t even venture outside to mow the lawn for fear of electrocuting myself!

As for my creativity level - well, you've washed it down the drain. Grey skies just make me want to hibernate under my quilt where it's nice and cosy.

Rain, I’m bored of you. We’re all bored of you. Please sun, can you come back soon? And this time, will you at least stay a few months? I have work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment