Sunday 13 March 2011

What are the defining fashion trends?

I have to confess, I don’t usually take any notice at all of what’s ‘in’ and what’s not in fashion but for the purposes of research, I’ve been looking into the forecasted trends for Spring/Summer 2011 and am still none the wiser. It seems that in modern times pretty much anything goes.
The key looks are deemed to be 60’s and 70’s glamour, biker inspired clothing, and punk fashion.  Essentially, nothing new then. Just more recycled looks from previous eras. Nothing wrong with that, but  it has raised the question - have definitive fashion trends, as witnessed in previous decades, died a death, or am I just getting old and missing the point?
Think back to the 50s and you conjure up images of rock ‘n’ roll dresses, full circle skirts, Capri pants and teddy boy suits. The 60’s - the emergence of mini skirts with knee length boots and Mary Quant style dresses followed by the emergence of hippy style and flower power which continued into the 70’s  along with the introduction of Glam Rock then punk style. The 80’s (probably best left firmly in the past, in my opinion) saw shoulder pads, ra-ra skirts, baggy trousers, shell suits and ankle warmers! But what were the defining looks of the past two decades – I’ll be damned if I know!
It would appear though, that I have inadvertently 'predicted' many of the current trends in my latest collection of garments - which are listed for sale in my website http://www.fashionkillerz.com/ - as they include flower power dresses, full circle dresses, and MOD style dresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment