Sunday 24 April 2011

HELP! SUMMER IS COMING.

Oh nooooooooo! Summer will soon be here! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the long, and hopefully sunny days but it does unfortunately bring with it the horror of having to reveal more body parts than is strictly necessary in order to stay cool.

No more hiding the wobbly bits underneath big, cosy layers. Aaaaaargh! Well, the four times a week trip to the gym (pilates, yoga, zumba and badminton) since January don’t seem to have had the desired effect as yet - the flabby bits are still very much in evidence - so maybe now it’s time for more drastic action and I should go on a crash diet!

OK, so I ate almost an entire packet of flapjacks yesterday – at least they’re healthy – sort of! And my penchant for sea salt and balsamic vinegar crisps probably isn’t helping, blame it on my hormones! So I’ll start my healthy eating regime…next week… maybe.

The other worry, of course, is that I resemble something of a glow-worm. Typical English Rose, some might say, however, my incredibly white legs are particularly scary. Sunbed? Ooooh no, I hear you cry. Not good. Fake tan, then? Tried that before and ended up looking like a slice of streaky bacon and smelling like, well I’m not sure what like, but certainly not good. I could sit out in the spring sunshine slathered in Factor 50 (I burn easily, OK!) but I think I’d need to spend at least 6 months in the sun to get even a whiff of colour.

Maybe I’d better just resort to long-flowing ankle length skirts and long sleeved tops. Or maybe I should just become a hermit until autumn arrives.

Well, have you got any better ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment