Wednesday 20 April 2011

LEGGINGS!

I need to get something off my chest. Leggings! No, I don’t have leggings on my chest but I am getting more than a little worried about these garments.

Leggings are fab. They are comfortable and reasonably inexpensive but… and this is where my problem lies… you have to wear them properly!

World, pay attention; leggings worn on their own only look good on those blessed with super slim, super toned legs and buns. If, like yours truly, you are blessed with wobbly bits and cellulite, then forget it. This doesn’t mean you have to ditch your comfy wardrobe staple, it just means you need to wear them in a more appropriate manner. Wear them like tights under a short skirt (if short skirts suit your shape!) or shorts, or wear them under a long top. Please, please just not on their own!

And for goodness sake if you are going to ignore my advice, at least make sure they are of decent quality. Last week, I spent an hour in my pilates class, trying not to look at the girl in front of me who was wearing a pair of leggings that were made from such thin fabric, they were practically obscene. I’m just glad I was behind her rather than the poor teacher in front of her who must have had a real eyeful!

And then there was the girl I passed on the way to the supermarket the other day. Did the whole of Worcester really need to see that she was wearing black and white striped knickers with red hearts on under her leggings? I think not.

Wise up ladies, the world is watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment